Monday, March 17, 2014

Vegetarian Skillet Nachos (Easy, easy, easy)

This quick and easy dinner is perfect when you're craving The Junk but still want a healthy twist.

Make it once and you'll never forget how. It's simple.

And it takes mere minutes to make.

This is a recipe of eyeballing. No exact amounts. Just eyeball it. And don't roll your eyeballs at me. It'll turn out yummy, I promise.


*Chop up some zucchini and green pepper, saute in a tbs olive oil. Add one can chili beans (don't drain) and half cup any salsa. Let it simmer a little, then pour it all into a bowl, wipe out the pan, put tortilla chips in the pan, pour mixture back in over the chips, add sliced or diced olives and cheese, cover just until cheese melts. Serve with extra chips on the side.

Done!



You can even save time by skipping the part where you dump out the mixture and wipe out the pan. I call it the fancy way (chips in) and the un-fancy way (chips out). Those tiny veggies are hidden well from picky toddler eyes, too.

(If eyeballing is nacho thing: I usually do one zucchini, maybe half a green pepper. You can throw in some yellow squash, too, if you want.)

*If you have a chopper, this will be a cinch. If you don't have a chopper, it'll still be easy, but I feel bad for you. You need a chopper, in general. It's a must. I used to have a little human whining at me and tugging at my pant legs while I slaved away chopping vegetables for dinner and now it takes seconds...sometimes only one second since I now have an electric chopper (after my hand chopper was taken apart by a well-meaning husband who was trying to get it properly cleaned, a husband who is handsome enough and wonderful enough that we don't complain at him for such things). 

No comments:

Post a Comment